Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

We’re Spreading the Cheer! Are you? (#sendCheer)

This past Thursday I told you all about the Cheerios sendCheer Campaign. I am so excited to be a part of this campaign and I’m thrilled that you can participate, too! Be sure to keep an eye out for the specially marked boxes of Cheerios on special displays at Walmart!

sendcheer

When I got to my local Walmart, I had a hard time finding them. I searched for several minutes before finally finding *one* box of the sendCheer, mixed in with the regular ones, so I snatched it up quickly! They may have been getting a separate display ready and I just missed it. Once I got the Cheerios home I cut out the postcard, wrote a little message, and put a stamp on it so that it’d be ready to mail the next time we left the house.

IMG_4041

IMG_4038IMG_4042

I will be putting together a care package soon for Luke’s cousin who is currently deployed. I plan to make some chex mix using the Cheerios to send to him, like my sister made a couple of weeks ago (pictured below):

download (3)

We’re still deciding what else to put in the care package. I’m thinking a deck of cards, books, a phone card, more snacks and probably a few other things. I wanted to go ahead and get the postcard in the mail though! Don’t forget, for every postcard received, Cheerios will donate $1 to the USO to help support programs for military families.  Cheerios has already donated $150,000 and will donate up to an additional $100,000 based upon the number of postcards received by November 30, 2012.

IMG_4047

Please get involved! This campaign is very dear to my heart. It’s a great way to teach your children about giving back to those who sacrifice so much for us on a daily basis. Let me know if you’re planning to spread the cheer!

Momma Knows Best Siggy

 

This post has been compensated as part of a sponsored charitable opportunity for Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!