It’s Week 4 of Friendly Debates With The Danielles!
This week’s topic is: “Piercing Baby/Toddler Ears: Yay or Nay? What do YOU say?”
We say… may(be).
Or in other words, to each his own. I don’t know but I don’t really get upset or “heated” about this one. Kynlee is nearly 15 months old and her ears are not pierced. While highly debatable, it’s not that big of a deal to me either way. I will say that I always thought I would pierce my daughter’s ears at a young age. Now that the time is here, I simply can’t do it. Just watching her cry from getting shots is enough to make this momma’s heart break.
I was six years old when I begged and pleaded with my parents had mine done and I remember it hurting… BAD… for just a few minutes and then I was fine. But to this day, some odd years later, I still remember it hurting. And I remember them getting infected from not adequately cleaning them. I definitely think that Kynlee will need to be old enough to properly take care of the cleaning if and when she decides to get hers pierced.
Several of my friends have pierced their daughter’s ears when they were babies (who are now toddlers). It doesn’t bother me, at all. That’s their choice. A choice I once thought I wanted to make. Now, however, I realize that it’s not my choice. It’s hers.
So what are your thoughts on piercing baby/toddler ears? Link up by clicking on the button at the top!




















0 comments:
Post a Comment
I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!