I love getting children’s books for Kynlee…so much so that she has her own bookcase in her room! She loves to “read” to herself and flip through the pages contently but she also loves being read to by anyone who will. When the opportunity arose for us to review a Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen book, we happily accepted!

We are at a point where we are trying to teach Kynlee that she needs to mind and learn to listen, so this book was perfect! Yes, she’s only 14 months old, but she knows not to do certain things, although she will test us on those quite frequently!


The first half of the book talks about how Howard isn’t listening and the consequences that follow. The last half of the book shows Howard deciding to be a better listener and reaping the benefits! There is a page in the back that shares six tips on How to be a Better Listener and I just loved that they included that! There is also another page that has “Listening Discussion Questions” that you can go over with your child. Obviously, Kynlee is too young for those right now but they’ll be perfect in a couple of years. I also loved the illustrations in this book – they are very cute and perfect for kids.
I’m most excited that Kynlee will be able to learn a valuable lesson while enjoying her story time with this book throughout the years. I’ve been trying to decide which book I want to get for her next, and I think it’ll be this one:

These books would make a great Christmas present or stocking stuffer for your little one! And guess what? You can win one right here! Just fill out the super easy Rafflecopter form to be entered to win.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment
I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!