Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Friendly Debates With The Danielles: Adult Only Wedding Receptions

Happy Monday, y’all!

WOW… I’ve gotten several new followers recently. Welcome!! Be sure to say hi and link me to your blog if you have one!

 

Today I’m participating in a fun, new meme called “Friendly Debates with the Danielles” hosted by two blog friends of mine: Danielle from Happenings of the Harper Household and Danielle from We Don’t Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

 

Happenings of the Harper Household

 

This week’s topic is Adult Only Wedding Receptions – Yay or Nay?

Personally, I say Nay. I think the choice to bring the kids or not should be left up to the parents. I can *kind of* understand why some people choose not to have children at their weddings/receptions but I don’t agree with it. Typically a bride and groom are doing everything possible to prepare for the most PERFECT day. And you know what? It will be perfect even if things don’t go as planned (i.e. a child crying, the flower girl running down the aisle, etc.).

 

Another thing to think about is out of town guests. Do you really expect them to leave their children at home? I know I wouldn’t. Also – what about mothers who are breastfeeding? That could be a whole other debate but it’s still a good point! How can you expect a breastfeeding mom to be separated from her child for several hours? Not to mention if she’s one of the ones from out of town.

 

Luke and I attended a wedding last weekend and we chose not to take Kynlee because we knew we’d be out late. But you know what? Her name was on the invitation and I appreciated that.

 

So what are your thoughts on this? Link up with the Danielles and let us know!

 

 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!