Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Kid-Friendly Summer Getaways!


With summer rapidly approaching us, there are several kid-friendly vacation spots that I wanted to share with you!

In no particular order, here are five summer getaways every kid should experience.

1. Disney World (or Disney Land, depending on your location).
Disney World is located in Orlando, FL which is about 4 hours south from where I live and I LOVED it as a kid and still LOVE it today! (Disney Land is located in California). I am so ready to take Kynlee there when she gets a little older. This place is truly “magical” with its own castle, Disney characters, kid-friendly rides and other attractions! I was trying to find some pictures from the last time I went but have been unsuccessful - you can see several pictures on their website though!

2. Sea World.
Sea World is another summer getaway that is located in Orlando, FL and is kid-friendly. There are also Sea World locations in San Antonio, Texas and San Diego, California. I’ve been here more times than I can count and it never gets old! I know Kynlee will love seeing all of the animals and aquatic life when she is just a little older! Actually, I believe she’d enjoy it now, but we still want to wait a little longer before we take her in hopes she’ll remember it better!
DolphinsSeaWorld2
SeaWorldShamu

3. St. Augustine Beach, Florida.
St. Augustine is the perfect summer beach getaway for your family. There is so much to do there! Aside from the beach, there is a a Ripley’s! Believe it or Not, an Alligator Farm with live [feeding] shows, lots of yummy restaurants, miniature golf, a Zoological Park & Bird Sanctuary, and so much more! It’s the perfect place for families with kids of all ages!
Below are some pictures from our last trip at the Alligator Farm!
AlbinoGatorGators
StAugustineParrotSnake

4. Adventure Island Water Park.
This park is part of Busch Gardens that is also located in Florida! (Are y’all noticing a pattern here? Smile) . This is the PERFECT place to take kids on a summer getaway! Who doesn’t love playing in water on a hot summer day? The best part is that while it is definitely kid-friendly it’s also fun for adults, too! I’ve been to Busch Gardens before but never to the water park. We are looking forward to the day we do! From pools, to rides, to dining this is a place your kids will surely love!

5. Disney Cruise.
This is something I really, really want to do. We will probably wait until we have another child and he/she is old enough to go but it’s still fun to think about now! With different travel destinations available and TONS of FUN, kid-friendly activities on ship, what’s not to love? There are 4 ships to choose from and each seems to be equally wonderful!
Below pictures were taken from the Disney Cruise website.
DisneyDreamDisneyFantasy
DisneyMagicDisneyWonder

We are looking so forward to family vacations! Now that Kynlee is here, finding a destination that is kid-friendly is key and I’m thankful that we are surrounded by so many great summer getaway locations that she’ll be able to enjoy!
Photobucket

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Beach, huh? It is a good idea to bring the kids there during summer. Not to mention, they'll definitely love the alligator farm there. And going on a cruise is also a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!