Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Crib Sleeping (Mis?)Adventures


This past Saturday night Kynlee slept in her crib for the first time. Not only did she sleep in it for the first time, she slept ALL NIGHT LONG it. She did cry out twice, but once I gave her her pacifier she went right back to sleep each time. I didn’t mind getting up either time when she whined because I was already wide awake. While she slept amazing that night, I didn’t sleep a wink! My ear was glued to the monitor so that I could hear her breathing. Someone please tell me I’m not crazy. As much as I wanted her to sleep all night long in her crib, I was also secretly hoping that she would wake up frazzled and I could go in and get her. I knew that her being in the crib that night was going to be hard but I didn’t realize just how much I was going to miss her!

Kynlee has never even napped in her crib before (she will be 9 months old on Friday). We have tried several times but she would always wake up the moment you laid her down. So even though I knew she was super tired, I wasn’t expecting her to sleep all night in there. I don’t think I fully prepared myself for it. Whew!

The next morning (Sunday) Luke got up with K and let me sleep in a bit since I had barely slept. Once I woke up, I was excited for her (and us) that her first night of crib-sleeping had gone so well and I was looking forward to trying it again last night!

I should have known the 1st night was too easy. Why was I so naïve? Last night was HORRIBLE as far as crib sleeping goes. She wanted nothing to do with it!

After several attempts, I handed K off to Luke so that I could get a shower before bed. When I got out, Kynlee had fallen asleep in his arms. He then transferred her to the crib and she didn’t wake up! Hallelujah! Around 2:30am she woke up with a cry that told me she was scared. I went in and was unable to calm her down without picking her up. Once I picked her up, she had a hard time falling back to sleep so I decided to “throw in the towel” and take her back to our bed. Once there she fell asleep easily and after several minutes I had Luke [attempt] to put her back in the crib. It was a bust! She was awake in no time. He stayed in there for several minutes before bringing her back to our bed once again. At this point we gave up for the night and just enjoyed her snuggles.

We’ll see what tonight holds as far as the crib adventures… (or is it misadventures?)… goes!

Do you have any advice about getting your little one to sleep in his/her crib? (Without letting them CIO). If so, please share!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I know everyone hates the CIO method, but it worked well with Avery. It only took him about 2 nights to get the hang of things. That was then...now that he's out of the crib, it's a different story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no advice other than I am really liking the book I'm reading called the no cry sleep solution. Maybe check it out?

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!