Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabulous Fridays - Good deals & Good friends


It's FRIDAY which means I'm linking up with Laura at Between the Lines Blog for Fabulous Fridays!

There are a few things that I think are fabulous this week!

Yesterday I went shopping for an outfit to wear this Saturday night to an engagement party. I was DREADING it, if we're being honest, but I knew I had to find something that I looked good in and more importantly: felt good in
I wasn't expecting to be successful in finding something that I felt good in, since I have been so unhappy with all this extra weight I'm carrying. 
But guess what? - I was wrong! The outfit needed to be casual so I found some jean capris and brown wedges to wear. I also got a new tank top (to wear under another shirt - but still - I'm excited about it). I was not successful in finding the perfect shirt, but I borrowed one from a friend yesterday that just might work! (Pictured below are the capris & wedges I bought).
Mid Rise Destructed Capri - maurices.com
Jen Cork Wedge Sandals - maurices.com
Finding an outfit that I feel great in was amazing in itself, but something better than that? The price.
My total should have been around $75.00. I used a 20% off coupon, and the remaining balance on a gift card (that my wonderful MIL gave me) to make my out-of-pocket price: $1.86
Now THAT's FABULOUS!

Another fab thing in my life this week(end) is the engagement party for two friends that I mentioned above and the reason for the new outfit. One of my high school best friends and her fiancé  are getting married in October and I couldn't be happier for them!
A large crowd is expected at the party with nearly 25 couples hosting!
We are looking forward to a night of dinner, dancing, & drinks with close friends! We'll be baby-free and we're hoping that Kynlee will behave for Mimi so we can stay for a while. She's been rather fussy cutting a new tooth so we'll see!

So basically: I'm looking forward to wearing a fabulous outfit that I got for a fabulous price to attend a fabulous engagement party for fabulous friends. Pretty fabulous, huh? Okay, maybe a little overboard with that term but you get what I'm trying to say. 

Hope you all have a fabulous great weekend!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a steal! I love shopping adventures that end in small amounts - yay! Hope you have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about the outfit! Love shopping trips like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit and heck, with that deal you definitely can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!