So I have a new obsession.
Cloth diapers.
But not JUST cloth diapers. Cloth wipes, too.
Oh- and cloth nursing pads.
Yes, I am obsessed with this whole idea of cloth.
I got to thinking the other day after buying [disposable] diapers how we are just throwing money away. And the wipes? They go just as fast! And then I got to thinking about my disposable nursing pads. I don't leak very much, but enough to need to wear them. Those aren't very cheap to just throw away, either.
So... Luke and I will be taking a step forward in our life of living frugally very soon. Not immediately, but soon.
First we need to get our washer and dryer out of storage. In order to do that, we need to install a washer and dryer hook-up at the house. Since my parents live right down the road from us, I have been using their W/D for our laundry. However, I don't plan on carrying diapers back and forth so hooking up our W/D is a must!
I hope we are able to get things up and running very soon because I am so anxious to order all of these items!
While it will be a big expense at first, it will save us so much money in the long run. And- I will be able to use the diapers for the next child as well!
I'll admit...the whole idea of cloth diapering use to freak me out.
After spending many, many hours and several weeks researching, I have noticed that it is a lot easier than it used to be "back in the day."
The cloth diapering my grandmother used to do is much different than cloth diapering in today's world.
I am so excited about this new adventure in cloth.
I am planning to use gDiapers (pictured at the top) but not sure where to get the nursing pads from (the picture of them is from diaperjunction.com and they are currently out of stock). Any suggestions?
For the cloth wipes, I plan to make my own. I have several receiving blankets that can be cut up and made into the wipes. Then, I'll just have to learn how to make a wipe solution.
(Feel free to share how you make yours).
Do any of you cloth diaper? If so- please share your experience!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment
I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!