For as long as I can remember, I have loved the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. The stories will make you laugh, cry, happy, sad – but what I love most about the stories is that they’re real and you can relate to many of them. The Chicken Soup series contains numerous books, each targeted at something different. When I was growing up, I read the ones for pre-teen/teens and then moved on to others depending on what stage of life I was in at the time.
I’ve just recently teamed up with the awesome people at Chicken Soup for the Soul to review some of their newest books and I couldn’t be more excited! The most recent CSS book I reviewed is called “Devotional Stories for Tough Times.”

This particular book contains 101 daily devotions that will inspire you and support you in your time of need. We all have times where we need inspiration or support so really this book would be great for anyone! I love that it contains scripture and prayers and shows that God’s love is everlasting – in times of joy, grief, and everything in between. I wish I had this book three years ago when my grandfather passed away unexpectedly. It was an extremely tough time; one that I’m still struggling with to this day. The stories in this book, the scripture, the prayers – they really do make me feel better when I’m having a sad day. It just reminds me that God is always with us and we are never alone. That, in itself, is so uplifting and we all need to be reminded of that in times of despair. If you know someone who is going through a tough time, I truly recommend this book.
You can find it on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment
I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!