Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gourmet chef in the making…

Okay so I’m totally kidding with the title of this blog post. I’ve mentioned before that I LOVE to cook (but hate the clean-up afterwards). I’ve also mentioned that I’m no Gordon Ramsay, Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, etc. And guess what? I’m still not.

 

So why the sudden feeling like a gourmet chef in the making? Well, I baked a ham last night. For the first time ever. Because I wanted “real” ham sandwiches for lunch this week. And it’s delicious. I realize that makes me sound ridiculous because there was nothing to it. It was so easy!

 

Also? I cooked supper last night. It was super yummy and I plan on cooking the rest of this week, thanks to my meal plan from E-mealz! You see, I’ve been a member of E-mealz for a little over a month now but I’ve yet to go a full week by the meal plan. So yesterday while Luke was at work Kynlee and I headed to Walmart. I was determined to get everything that we needed for the whole week. I was super excited because every meal for this week is something that we all like so there wasn’t even a need to replace or change a meal. Win!

 

So basically the only reason I am feeling like a gourmet chef is because I baked a ham for the first time and I made a new dinner for the first time and both turned out great. Yes, both were super easy to do but that’s beside the point ;).

 

I forgot to take pics of our dinner and that makes me sad because I really wanted to share the recipe with y’all – but I prefer to have pictures to go along with it! Let’s face it – I personally like to see a picture so that I can compare how mine turns out to how it’s supposed to turn out! I’m cooking again tonight (what?! two NEW meals, two nights in a row?!)  and will try to remember to “document” the process. I have become very intrigued with venturing out and trying new things lately when it comes to cooking so if you have any delicious recipes that you want to share, please send them my way!

 

Happy Tuesday!

 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!