Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

12 months old!

Kynlee Grace,
I find it way too hard to believe that a year has passed since I held you for the very first time (August 27th)!

107
*I’m super embarrassed at how late this post is. I mean, she’ll be 13 months in just 5 days and I’m just now finishing her 12 month post. Forgive me? :)*

On Sept.7th you had your 12 month well-check and you weighed 19lbs, 4 ounces and were 28.5 inches long! I feel like you are getting SO BIG but in reality you are still on the small end for your age! But again… you look SO BIG to me in the picture below!

124

You enjoy playing with your puzzles and lifting weights (haha!).

138115

You eat like a horse. You would eat ALL DAY LONG if we let you! So far there is nothing you won’t eat or try to eat before someone catches you (including leaves, dirt, etc.). You’re also on cow’s milk now (big girl!) and doing pretty good with it – but, you seem to like 2% better than whole milk. For now, you get mostly whole.
(You still like to put any and everything into your mouth. Including puzzle pieces!)

140141142

You still sleep in your crib through the night. When you wake up in the mornings, I’ll bring you back to bed with me and we’ll sleep/snuggle for a little while longer. A few nights this past month you’ve wanted to sleep in our bed the whole night. It was miserable for momma. Your daddy sleeps perfectly fine through anything but I simply cannot get a good night’s sleep if we are co-sleeping (which is the exact opposite of how it used to be)! You like to be snuggled right under me and I feel like I can’t move/get comfortable. Also: every time you move, I wake up. So. Yeah. I usually transfer you to your crib if you insist on falling asleep in our bed.

144

You LOVE to talk! You can say Momma, Dada, Milk, Boo!, Meow, Baby, No (while shaking your head), MiMi, Bye, Hey, Bath & Bath-Time, and there may be some others I’m forgetting. You are starting to mimic a lot of the things we say! Oh! Two nights ago, after saying the blessing before eating, you said “Amen!” after I said it. It hasn’t happened again, yet, but I SWEAR you said it plain as day! (Edited to add: Tonight I asked her if she could say Ho!Ho!Ho like Santa Claus and she did!). 

You’ll sign “more” and “milk”…. we are practicing the sign for “please” right now.

143 

Bath time is still your favorite. Or being in any form of water for that matter. You love the pool so much! You’re our little water baby. You still love to dance and your new favorite thing(s) are clicking your tongue, “puckering up” with sound affects and all!, giving high-fives, and saying “Boo!”.
(Bottom left: Dancing. Bottom Right: “If you love Kynlee raise your hand!”)

108109

To say that the past 12 months have been the best of my life would be an understatement. There are no words to describe how happy you make daddy and I! My prayer for you, sweet Kynlee, is that one day you will get to experience the BLESSING that is motherhood – and then you’ll be able to understand my love for you.

117

“I’ll love you forever…
I’ll like you for always…
As long as I’m living…
My Baby you’ll be!”

128

We can’t wait to see what the next year brings!!

Love,
Momma & Daddy


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!