Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

SUYL - Side Dishes

Here’s something y’all may not know about me: I love to cook. I really, really do. However, I don’t talk much about it on here or share recipes because I’m no gourmet chef – I mean we usually have pretty basic meals.

So when I saw that Kelly from Kelly’s Korner was doing side dishes today for her “Show Us Your Life” series I wanted to participate and be able to snag ideas from some of the others who’ve entered!

The most recent side dish that I cooked and took (cellphone) pictures of was a roasted vegetable mix. It’s super easy and pretty tasty. The best part is that you can alter it to fit what you like with the vegetables or seasonings. 

Here’s what I used:

-Broccoli

-Red, Yellow, Orange & Green Peppers

-Red potatoes

download (3)download (5)download (6)

_____________________________________________
Prep your vegetables (cut, rinse, whatever you need to do) and let them drain before tossing everything into a large mixing bowl.

Once in a mixing bowl, toss everything with olive oil and seasonings of choice. I used a little garlic salt and cracked black pepper to begin with. Then transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish and cook at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. (For the last few minutes of cooking I drizzled a little House Italian dressing over it to give it a little kick). It was delicious!

Here’s a picture of everything ready to go in the oven. I forgot to take an “after shot.” Sorry! Smile

download (4)


So there ya have it. A basic but tasteful side dish! Looking forward to trying some of the other recipes that are linked up!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Lots of yummy colorful veggies! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually once a week I will make a side dish BAKE of whatever is left in the fridge.. sometimes there are only 2-3 ingredients and soemtimes lots more.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!