Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

9 months later comes…


School.

Yes, it took 9 months but tomorrow I will finally start back with my classes.  I am excited, nervous, skeptical and determined all at the same time.

The “short break from classes” after Kynlee was born turned into a 9-month long break. You see, about 4 weeks after K’s birth my dad fell out of a deer stand and broke his back. After his surgery, he was out of work for a minimum of 8 weeks. My mom had to return to work so I offered to stay with my dad during the day and help him out with whatever he needed. He wasn’t allowed to lift anything really for 8 weeks much to his dismay. Tending to a new baby and a recovering-from-major-back-surgery dad kept me super busy. Too busy. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my maternal grandmother was there each day, too, who often needed my help. My family needed me so I put school on the back burner.

After dad had healed a good bit and didn’t need my help anymore, I started the process to get back in school. Through many, many calls & emails, I finally got ahold of someone who wanted me back in school as much as I wanted to be. Who knew that would take 5 months?!

But anyway…incase you haven’t noticed, I’ve been in a blogging slump lately. I am still reading everyone else’s wonderful posts – just not making any of my own. Unfortunately I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Since my classes are online, a lot of writing is often involved. In each of my classes thus far, a paper has been due each week (no matter what the course was). That’s not to mention the other discussions that you have to participate in throughout the week. Looking at my course preview for tomorrow, the instructor says that this course will contain a lot of writing assignments. As in: more than the typical writing overload. Insert sarcastic YAY here.

With school starting back and a very active 9 month old, I expect to be busy, busy in the weeks to come. Once I can get into a routine with balancing school & baby I should have more time for blogging.

Until then….


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great you've gone back to school! One day I'll make it back, but it may be a few years for me still.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!