Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Mingle


Today I'm participating in:

I was inspired by Laura to play along this week but I won't be vlogging. That'd mean I'd have to get dressed and put on my face. And, well, I'm not ready for that!

The three questions this week are as follows:

1. Did you watch Extreme Couponing? What are  your thoughts?
I did (and do) watch Extreme Couponing. My thoughts are that some of the purchases are... well... extreme. Ha! Seriously, though, I have a lot of thoughts on this show but I'll try to keep it short!
I liked the guy who bought 1,000 boxes of cereal and gave them to his church. However, not too long ago another blogger posted this information about J'aime Kirlew (the one who got approximately $1,900 worth of groceries for $103) and it definitely raised an eyebrow for me. If it's products you're going to use before the expiration date, fine. If not, donate them! Oh and one more thing: even if a product is only 39 cents after sales/coupons, it's not a "deal" unless you're actually going to use said item. IMO, buying something just because it's on sale and you can use coupons is a waste of money to not actually use (or donate) the product!

2. What is the sales tax amount in the city/county you live in?
Our sales tax is currently 7%. This answer is definitely shorter than the first! :)

3. Did you finish your taxes yet, or do you wait until the  April 15th deadline?
We filed our taxes around the middle of March this year and got them back around the first of this month. Now that I think about it - I usually wait until March to file. I'm not sure why. I definitely don't like waiting until the deadline, though. That stresses me out! 


Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!
Link up and let us know your thoughts to these Monday Mingle questions!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Agree - as you probably saw in my vlog - about the couponing. Way to go, if you can swing it like they do, but not if you're going to just store it under your kids' beds...so selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be more inclined to donate things. Storage space is lacking, and well I doubt our small family will go through it while the quality is still good. Not to mention the grand majority of coupons that circulate aren't what we eat anyway.
    We officially filed for an extension this year LOL. Normally we get them done asap, but we had to wait for a charity tax documuent from my husband's boss.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's not saving you any money if you aren't going to use it or donate it! I think those people are crazy and I do believe that TLC has really crossed a line with this show.

    I laughed when you said you weren't going to vlog because that would mean you'd have to get dressed and put on your face, because I got up, took a shower, and got ready just so I could vlog! I'm pathetic...I know!

    Have a fabulous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about the hoarding of condiments! Donate. So many people are in such great need right now to have all those items on shelves just seems greedy and sick to me. Yay for tax day and yay that ours our done! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!