Over the past couple of weeks I have seen the daily "Today I'm Thankful For..." posts out in blogland. I wanted to participate, but simply cannot commit to posting every day with a newborn. However, I do recognize my thanksgivings every single day- whether I post them or not. So today, I wanted to share just a FEW things/people I am so very thankful for.
I am thankful for my God. He never leaves or forsakes me and I am blessed to have been raised in a Christian home, being taught about the Gospel, and knowing God's Love. I am also thankful that God sent His only Son, Jesus, to die for MY sins. I am not worthy of this Love, and yet, He loves me just the same.
I am thankful for my husband. I know without a doubt that God made us specifically for each other. We bring out the best in each other and as cliché as it might sound, he is truly my best friend. The minute Kynlee was born I fell in love with him all over again. Seeing your husband become a father is something special.
I am thankful for Kynlee Grace. I have learned that there is no greater joy than being a mother! I have always known that I wanted to be a momma and I have always loved kids very much. However, I didn't really know a Mother's Love until August 27th, 2010. Yes, I loved her while she was in the womb- but the moment you see your precious baby and hold him/her in your arms, you experience a love like never before. She makes me want to be a better person and our lives are forever changed by this God-sent miracle!
I am thankful for our parents. Luke and I both have loving, caring parents who not only love us but love each other. Both sets of parents are still married and have been great examples for us to follow. They are always willing to help us out when needed and we are so very fortunate to have them in our lives. We are forever grateful to them for raising us in a Christian home and we can only hope to be parents to Kynlee like they were to us.
I am thankful for our siblings. Growing up we fought a good bit, but now we are so close and I love the time we get to spend together! Luke has 2 older brothers and 1 sister-in-law. I have an older sister (&brother-in-law) and a younger brother. We all stay pretty busy but nevertheless, we cherish the time we get to spend with them.
I am thankful for our Godchildren. I love them like they were my own and one of them I haven't even met yet! (She was born in Aug. and we're 680+miles apart...but we get to see them TOMORROW since they are coming into town for Thanksgiving). Such precious little girls with wonderful parents, J & H. We are very thankful for our relationship with them. J & H have been such good friends to us and no matter the distance, we'll always be close.
Have you counted your Thanksgivings today?



















Hi Whitney. I'm new to your blog...and I just had to say how great this Thanksgiving post was. You truly do recognize the big, and the small, that God has done for you. As a mom to a 10 month old, I can relate to all of the joys that motherhood brings. Hope your Thanksgiving day was wonderful!
ReplyDelete