Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Cold Weather, Dry Skin! (Review & Giveaway)

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all are staying bundled up. In my town the high is only 39 degrees today and the wind is ferocious! With all this cold weather and wind, I have noticed that my skin has become SUPER dry. I am one who puts lotion on every.single.day. I typically use whatever we have around the house but I was recently given the opportunity to review a bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
My thoughts? This lotion is amazing! I will admit that I was a bit skeptical at first. Then I figured if it was $18.00 for a 4 oz. bottle then surely it would work well. And you know what? IT WORKS WELL! This shielding lotion acts as a replacement for your current moisturizer. The first time I put some on I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually felt like a moisturizer on my skin (unlike some other brands...). This lotion is also a great aid for people who have dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, etc.

Here's some more information from Skin MD's website:
*Eco Friendly
*Silky, not greasy
*NOT tested on animals 
*Gentle for face, body, hands and feet
*Strengthens your skin's natural defenses 
*Vegan skin care- contains no animal products
*Manufactured in the U.S. using 100% solar power
*Helps with skin rashes/hives, skin allergies, & sensitive skin 
*Free of parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, and other irritating ingredients

This shielding lotion has been a life-saver for my dry skin! I am thoroughly impressed and will definitely keep this around.

Want to try some for yourself?

Buy It:
You can purchase the lotion directly from the website for $18.00. (Totally worth the price)!

Win It: 
One of my readers will win their own full-size 4 oz. bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion!

**To enter this giveaway, simply complete the mandatory entry. Once the mandatory entry is complete, you may complete extra entries for more chances to win!**
Mandatory Entry:
1. Have a look around SkinMD's website & tell me why you'd like to win! 
That's it! Simple enough, right? :)

Extra Entries:
(please leave a separate comment for each extra entry you complete) 

1. Follow this blog publicly through Google Friend Connect.  
(1 entry)
2. Follow me on Twitter & leave your Twitter name in a comment.  (1 entry)
3. 'Like' my Facebook page(1 entry)
4. Add my button to your blog. Leave the link in a comment where the button can be found.
(2 entries, leave two separate comments) 
5. Tweet the following (up to 3x per day, at least one hour apart, leaving a comment with the permalink each time):
" Want an #ecofriendly moisturizer? #Win a bottle from @whitbjordan & @Skinmdnatural! Enter #giveaway here: http://bit.ly/hv5Sua (Ends 12/20) "
(3 entries possible)


This giveaway is open to US/Canada only and will end on December 20, 2010 at 11:59 P.M. EST. 

Random.org will be used to determine the winner. I will contact the winner by email and the winner then has 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Please make sure to leave your email when you comment if it is not publicly visible on your blog.
GOOD LUCK!!!


*Disclaimer: SkinMD provided me with the product to review at no cost to me. SkinMD is graciously providing one of my readers with a full-size bottle like the one that I was given to review. I was not compensated in any other way for this post. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are strictly my own and your thoughts and opinions on the product may differ from mine! :)

22 comments:

  1. I need this! My skin is super-dry from all of the hand-washing I do! I love that the website says it's gentle b/c I have sensitive skin.

    Lauren
    www.laurenandeddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already follow you on Twitter!
    @lefresh1

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Liked" you on Facebook

    Lauren
    www.laurenandeddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to win because my skin is super dry from the cold, arid Minnesota winter air!

    glycinemax (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following via GFC.

    glycinemax (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeted again! (I'm not sure how to show you...but you follow me, so...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This actually answered my downside, thanks!
    Also see my site: www.Etworldforum.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in
    writing this site. I'm hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own site

    now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good

    example of it.
    my site :: 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think other web site proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean

    and fantastic user genial style and design, let alone the

    content. You are an expert in this topic!
    Also visit my webpage :: http://ironfire.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another wonderful article. Where
    else could

    anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing?
    I've a

    presentation next week, and I'm on the look for such information.
    Also visit my web site ... http://www.exoticcarrentaldirectory.com/user_detail.php?u=catheryncook84

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, this was a very nice post. In concept I would
    like to put in writing

    like this additionally - taking time and actual effort
    to make an excellent article…

    however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and on
    no account seem to get one thing done.
    Feel free to visit my blog ... http://www.hyonga.com/?amp;act=trackback&key=cd7&mid=forum_piano&category=138&sort_index=last_update&order_type=desc&document_srl=2114&listStyle=&cpage=

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading extremely slow for

    me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later
    and

    see if the problem still exists.
    Have a look at my homepage - http://leu.servicios.ubiobio.cl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any

    suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks
    Also visit my website :: cnsl.kaist.ac.kr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone

    4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your

    posts! Keep up the great work!
    Also visit my web page www.helenparkhurst.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Very

    helpful info specially the last part :) I
    care for such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a very

    long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Visit my site lanewbears.pixnet.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a

    collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog

    provided us useful information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!
    Also see my web page > www.lifeintheuk.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. excellent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of

    this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing.

    I'm sure,

    you've a great readers' base already!
    My web site :: authenticlinks.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do like the way you have presented this specific matter plus it does indeed give me personally some fodder for thought.
    Nevertheless, coming from what I

    have seen, I simply

    wish as the feed-back pack on that people today keep

    on issue and in no way start on a tirade involving the news of the
    day. Still, thank you for this

    exceptional point and whilst I do not go along with the
    idea in totality, I regard

    the viewpoint.
    My website: backlinkfree.info

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post, very informative. I wonder why the other
    specialists of

    this sector don't notice this. You should continue your writing. I am sure,

    you've a huge readers' base already!

    Feel free to visit my web site :: http://sharejob.com.vn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am continually looking online for

    ideas that can facilitate me. Thx!

    Also visit my homepage; http://itherapy.uk.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!