Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Possible Contamination?...

As I'm sure all of you know by now, there has been a recall on over 5 million cans of Similac powdered baby formula. The reason for the voluntary recall is due to a beetle/larvae problem within the plant where the formula is produced.

I breastfeed Kynlee but have had to supplement with Similac a few times as I am trying to build up my milk supply. We have two cans of Similac in our home. One was given to me the day we left the hospital and the other we received as a sample in the mail. I have just checked both lot numbers and both of the cans we have are being recalled.

Kynlee has only had formula maybe 5 times since she was born (she will be 4 weeks old tomorrow) but 2 of those times were within this past week. After that first bottle of formula we gave her this past week she threw it up. I say she threw up instead of spit up because it was an insane amount for her and much more than her normal amount of spit up. I have also been able to tell that her stomach has really been bothering her.

Now I don't know for sure that the container(s) we have are contaminated with the beetle/larvae parts but I have noticed an upset stomach in my little girl these past few days...and in these past few days she has had the formula twice.

I know that there are no life-threatening health risks involved in this Similac recall, but no mom wants to feed their baby formula that will upset their stomachs, much less some that has been contaminated in any way, shape, or form!

Has anybody else been affected by this recall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and feedback so please leave some!